I would sit on the bathroom floor, watching my mother put on her Max Factor foundation, CoverGirl eyebrow pencil, and Maybelline mascara. She would polish it all off with a sweep of Revlon lipstick. Perfect, but a little too much of everything for me.
Now that it’s summer, the last thing we want to do is . . . over-do.
Here’s what I found works the best . . .
- use a tinted moisturizer slightly darker than your normal shade to give you a little bit of a “faux tan” (not too dark!!) and make sure it has an SPF of at least 30 (I love Laura Mercier)
- smooth a little highlighter under your brows, above your cheekbones, and at the inside corner of your eyes (Benefit High Beam is great)
- brush on a little pinkish blush on your cheeks (Pink Grapefruit by Laura Geller is the perfect shade for just about every skin tone)
- add a little eyeliner, following the natural eyelash line (try Revlon ColorStay in Charcoal)
- sweep on some black mascara, top lashes only (curl them first)
- put on some pinkish-rosy lipstick (Carmindy for Sally Hansen in Perfect Pink or Blossom are my favorites)
- . . . and you’re ready to rock and roll.
Less than 5 minutes.
Don’t you just love summer?
Tags: After 50, Barbara Grufferman, Barbara Hannah Grufferman, fitness after 50, Laura Geller, Life After 50, makeup after 50, makeup for women over 50, The Best of Everything After 50, Women after 50